Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Farewell, Ramen Girl

I was sad to hear that Brittany Murphy passed away earlier this week. While I haven't seen many of her films, I remember her best in her role as Abby in The Ramen Girl, perhaps one of the most underrated and overlooked films of recent years. I posted a review of the film on my old blog, Dreaming in Kanji, some time ago and thought Brittany gave a very heart-warming and heartfelt performance.

I'm not one to worship celebrities and certainly didn't know her personally, but it's always a shame to see someone pass away at such a young age (32). One can only imagine how difficult it will be for her family and friends during this festive season and I hope they can find the strength to come to terms with their loss.

Rest in peace, Ramen Girl.


Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template 'Salji Fuji' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP